Banking Online 101: A beginner’s guide to online banking
Online banking has become really popular over the past decade. It’s convenient, allowing people to be more in control of their finances, no matter the place or time. With time being so precious, most people now avoid long queues at the bank and access their accounts directly from a laptop, tablet or cellphone instead. Now anyone can keep up with payments, keep track of their investments, make transactions or get in touch with customer service from the comfort of wherever they find the time to bank online, on any given day.
The point is, we could all benefit from simplifying our finances. Online banking supports that goal. But if you’ve never used online banking and want to get started, or you’re using online banking but you’re unsure if you’re using every feature, we’ve put together a guide to help make your online banking experience simple.
To get comfortable with banking online, let’s first look at what the term “online banking” means. In simple terms, it means being able to access your bank account and make bank transactions from your laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone. The goal is to offer convenience. That’s why, at African Bank, this process is quick, easy and free-to-use. This allows you to check your bank balance at any time, pay your bills, transfer money to other accounts and more. (Read more about African Bank’s internet banking features here)
To gain access to your bank account online, you’ll need to first register for an online banking profile. Follow these three simple steps:
- Visit the African Bank online banking page from your laptop, desktop or smartphone.
- Click on Register, top right and follow the registration process.
- Log in and start using your online profile to manage your money.
Using your online banking profile
Once you have registered for your online banking profile and logged in to your profile, it is important to go through the different tabs you’ll see. This is the best way to learn about all the features offered; including the different online banking channels available for you.
At African Bank, you can interact with us and your bank accounts through internet banking, our online banking App or cellphone banking. This is how to register for our different ways to bank online.
- Internet Banking
- Once you've followed the above steps to register for an online profile, you can log in from your computer or laptop to start using internet banking.
- Remember, you will need an email address, cellphone number and ID to register.
- African Bank App
- Search for African Bank on the GooglePlay or AppStore to download and install.
- You will need an email address, cellphone number and ID to register and to download the App.
- Cellphone Banking
- Register for cellphone banking here.
- Dial *120*225# to accept the terms and start banking from your phone.
Enjoying the benefits of online banking
Banking from the comfort of your sofa makes everything you do with your finances a bit easier. These are the benefits of online banking:
- CONVENIENCE — Connect online whenever and wherever. Self-service functionality, available 24/7 — we can help you online even when our doors are closed.
- CONTROL – You decide when and how you would like to interact with African Bank.
- IT’S FREE – There is no monthly subscription or transaction fee for using the service.
- SECURITY — The service allows you to interact freely while protecting your confidential information.
Online banking can be intimidating and can trigger a lot of concerns. As valid as some of those may be, they shouldn’t stand in the way of giving online banking a shot.