Online banking makes sense
Customers want fast access to services and advice, with queries like what is internet banking and how to register for ebanking being some of the frequently-asked questions we receive.
Are you still asking what is internet banking? If you are, you have come to the right place to find all the reasons why ebanking is the smart way to transact today.
One of the most attractive benefits is that this type of banking is free. Traditionally, bank transactions carried high fees for various day-to-day transactions, but this is not the case when you use the internet to do your banking.
Not only is online an easy and convenient way to interact with your bank and your accounts, but internet banking offers many other benefits.
Here are some of the great benefits of ebanking:
- Convenience: Whether you are at home or overseas, if you have a computer or smartphone you can bank online or use the banking app. It is self-service banking at your service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year! Would you ever have believed you could put money into your savings account without even getting out of bed?
- No office hours apply: The bank’s doors do not have to be open for you to get your banking transactions done. We can help you online even when our staff are all sound asleep at home.
- You have control: It is entirely up to you when and how you want to interact with your bank.
- Peace of mind: Banks are continually upgrading their systems to protect customers from internet criminals and protect their information. Personal information connected to your online account is protected.
- It is free: At African Bank there is no monthly subscription or transaction fees for using internet banking.
These are just some of the reasons customers are embracing platforms like our banking app and opening an online account. Online you can view your balance at any time, update your details, manage all your accounts, pay accounts, transfer money, manage debit and stop orders, create savings accounts, get statements and much more.
We fully accept that technology is daunting to some people but from experience we know the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to managing your money through an online account. The systems and platforms that support internet banking are sophisticated, simple to use and secure.
While your bank will have state-of-the-art security measures in place to protect you, you are also responsible for your security online. The more information you have about cybercrime the better, so that you know what to look out for and avoid.
“Phishing” is prevalent in the world of online fraud. It pertains to stealing personal information (passwords, ID numbers and credit card details). Criminals doing this may send you an email which looks legitimately like correspondence from your bank and which requests you to update your personal details or other sensitive financial information by clicking on a link. Avoid becoming a victim of phishing.
Banking has never been easier than online and as life becomes busier, it makes perfect sense to be able to manage your finances on the go, anywhere, anytime.
We know your time is important to you. To save time with quick ways to do banking is important and we understand why – time is money.
PREPARED ON BEHALF OF AFRICAN BANK BY CATHY FINDLEY PR. CONTACT JACQUI RORKE ON [email protected] OR (011) 463-6372 WITH ANY CONSUMER PR QUERIES.