More about the Black Credit Card
- Never give your Card, PIN or CVV number to anybody, including African Bank employees.
- Always keep your PIN a secret.
- Swipe, dip and contactless transactions will always prompt you
to enter your PIN
- Always ensure that you receive your Card back after every transaction and keep it in a safe place.
- For Card Not Present transactions, e.g. online payments, the transaction will require an OTP.
Lost or Stolen Card
If you're within South Africa, immediately report the loss or theft of your Card by contacting African Bank on 0861 000 555 or +27 11 256 9988, dialling *120*225# from your cellphone, visiting www.africanbank.co.za or use your African Bank App.
If you're travelling outside the borders of South Africa, immediately contact African Bank on +27 (11) 256 9988 or the Visa Global Customer Assistance Service on Call Collect USA – (1) – 410 581 3836.
Terms, conditions and affordability rules apply. Full terms and conditions are available on www.africanbank.co.za. Service, initiation and insurance fees apply. Insurance underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited Reg. No: 1990/013922/06. African Bank Limited is an authorised financial services and credit provider. NCR Reg. No: NCRCP7638. Reg No: 2014/176899/06. RDC91017/16.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE BLACK CREDIT CARD
Your African Bank Credit Card allows you more convenience and peace of mind with the following features:
- Your personalised embossed Card is issued instantly at any African Bank Branch.
- Accepted globally at all merchants and ATM's displaying the Visa logo.
- Using your Card is safer than carrying cash.
- Simply Tap, Dip or Swipe, then enter your PIN to complete any transaction.
- Online (Card Not Present) transactions are secure with participating merchants. An OTP (One Time PIN) will be sent to the cardholder to authorise the transaction.
- Cash withdrawals at POS (Point of Sale, or till points) at participating merchants, for example, Checkers, Shoprite, Spar and Pick n Pay.
- Set your own personalised transaction limits. (If you have not set your personalised limits, the African Bank discretionary default limits will apply).
- Up to 62 days interest-free credit on POS and online purchases, if you settle your outstanding balance in full by the due date.
- Customers earn interest on a positive balance.
- For peace of mind to cover life’s unexpected insurable events, Credit Life insurance is required.
Free online and mobile services
Register and connect online and you can transact safely free of charge. Transact anywhere and anytime at your convenience.
- Know your available balance.
- Get a statement in 1 easy step.
- Get a paid up letter in 1 easy step.
- Get a settlement quote in 1 easy step.
- Get tax certificate in 1 easy step.
- Stop a Card in 3 easy steps.
- Reactivate a stopped Card in 3 easy steps.
- View or change limits in 3 easy steps.
If your Card is 6 months or older, you could qualify for a limit increase, subject to a credit assessment. The new limit will be available immediately upon approval. To apply, ask your consultant at any of our Branches, visit our website www.africanbank.co.za, use our App, dial *120*225# or call 0860 333 004.
What you need to do to apply
For an online Credit Card offer suited to your lifestyle, you will need to have the following documents on hand:
Most recent proof of income.
You must be over 18 to apply for a Credit Card
Latest bank statement, reflecting three months' salary deposits.
CREDIT LIFE INSURANCE: For peace of mind for life’s unexpected insurable events, we offer you Credit Life Insurance. Pensioners are covered for death and non-pensioners will be covered for the following events.
- Permanent disability
- Temporary disability
- Retrenchment benefits
- Short time cover
- Compulsory unpaid leave/temporary layoff
- Other terms and conditions apply, please consult your policy document for details.
Do you need more information to make taking out a loan an even simpler decision? Click on any of the informative African Bank credit and personal loan brochures below to download