More about the Gold Credit Card
- Never give your Card, PIN or CVV number to anybody, including African Bank employees.
- Always keep your PIN a secret.
- Swipe, dip and contactless transactions will always prompt you
to enter your PIN
- Always ensure that you receive your card back after every transaction and keep it in a safe place.
- For Card Not Present transactions, e.g. online payments, the transaction will require an OTP.
Lost or stolen card
If you're within South Africa, immediately report the loss or theft of your Card by contacting African Bank on 0861 000 555 or +27 11 256 9988, dialling *120*225# from your cellphone, visiting www.africanbank.co.za or use your African Bank App.
If you're travelling outside the borders of South Africa, immediately contact African Bank on +27 (11) 256 9988 or the Visa Global Customer Assistance Service on Call Collect USA – (1) – 410 581 3836.
Terms, conditions and affordability rules apply. Full terms and conditions are available on www.africanbank.co.za. Service, initiation and insurance fees apply. Insurance underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited Reg. No: 1990/013922/06. African Bank Limited is an authorised financial services and credit provider. NCR Reg. No: NCRCP7638. Reg No: 2014/176899/06. RDC91017/16.
Features & Benefits
Your African Bank Credit Card allows you more convenience and peace of mind with the following features:
- Your card is issued instantly in branch
- Up to 60 days interest-free credit on POS purchases, if you settle your outstanding balance in full by the due date
- Free SMS updates on transactions
- No need to carry cash. Swipe, then enter your PIN to complete the transaction
- Accepted by thousands of merchants, wherever you see the VISA logo
- Global Emergency Assistance. If you have lost your Visa card, we can help block your account, send a replacement card and provide emergency cash
- Travel Assistance. Free access to wide range of medical and legal advice for Visa Gold cardholders. Please call +44 (0) 208 762 8373 for assistance
- For peace of mind for life’s unexpected insurable events, we offer credit life insurance
*Up to R4 000 per day at any ATM and up to R5 000 per day at till points.
Free online and mobile services
Register for Connect Online and you can transact free of charge. In the convenience of your home or office you can now:
- Know your available balance
- Pay your credit card online
- Get a statement in 1 easy step
- Get a paid up letter in 1 easy step
- Get a settlement quote in 1 easy step
- Get tax certificate in 1 easy step
- Stop a card in 3 easy steps
- Reactivate a stopped card in 3 easy steps
- View or change limits in 3 easy steps
If your card is 4 months or older, you could qualify for a limit increase. The new limit will be available immediately when you apply for a limit increase online, at the call centre by calling 0860 333 004, or at one of our branches. A credit limit assessment will be done.
What you need to do to apply
For an online Credit Card offer suited to your lifestyle, you will need to have the following documents on hand:
Most recent proof of income.
You must be over 18 to apply for a Credit Card
Latest bank statement, reflecting three salary deposits
With Credit Life Insurance your debt is covered for the following insurable events:
- Temporary lay-off
- Compulsory unpaid leave
- Temporary disability
- Permanent disability
Do you need more information to make taking out a loan an even simpler decision? Click on any of the informative African Bank credit and personal loan brochures below to download
Terms and Conditions*Representative example: All prices include VAT, R20 000 borrowed for 12 months. Once off initiation fee (capitalized) R 1197, Monthly admin fee R68.40. Representative APR 15% ,Representative insurance rate 5.4%. Monthly installment amount payable R 2 036.03, total payable R 24 432.41